Friday, June 27, 2008

7th Day = One Week Ananana-verse-ery

I forgot how to spell anerversary, and this computer has no automatic spell check... I'm working on it.

Technically I'm working on alot of things, but as far as work goes its not very profitable.

Gallery=Disrepair again. Artist Douglass has had some paintings taken down, but since he's in the group show, decided to keep things here as long as possible, hoping to sell one of them. His paintings are quite pricey, but what can you do? It's his descision, it's his work, so he has the right to ask whatever he wants. J.C. and I sort of agreed to disagree on this I believe, he wants to help them sell more by lowering prices, but my philosophy at the time is to just try and remain objective, until we have a new way of doing things. Sailboat J is still here, doing what he does. I am here again, hopefully for only an hour today, but I have lots to do this weekend/need time to relax.

Flower shop job: Great day today, we cleaned up garbage and made a nice newer space for tree's and other flowering things. Now his plans for a little cafe are coming right along, now he just needs a suplier, training in the buisness, and customers. I suggested to have employees working for both, watering plants, carrying things, and taking orders and making coffee and tea and whatever. Take that gladstone, drake and everyone else who has a cafe (your esspresso and starbucks style coffee is safe though, Flower Shop M. wants to go in a different direction, and I still love your guiness in a can, thumbs up!).

Coffee shop: I went home in tears last night from movie night, while everyone else sat around and chatted about the movies and drank more coffee. I have to be selective what times I go in now, because I don't have alot of money to spend, and I don't want to scare their customers away. Barista M is very controlling of her coffee, as she should be, and I think I am somewhat of an annoyance coming in dirty and smelly and carrying my own tea and coffee (all hers though, and Barista C., aka, grumpster, who no longer likes the name grumpster, and has turned out to be a sweet care free fun loving [and "bitty" lovin'] guy, who's secretly an old man who stares at prrtty things all day and thinks "boy, would I love one of those. Although the alternative network is growing to be alternative in name only, sorry guys, but I'm about as "alternative" as they come and I feel like an outcast there. I will still bring my patronage, but if I can get away with roibous tea and hot water everyday instead of pricey coffee drinks, thats ok with me. Sorry I think everything is over priced, I know you are struggling to make ends meet and meet again, so I'll try to stop complaining for all to hear, and come in only once a day and not spill anything or talk to anyone. That way I'm comfortable and hopefully you are too. But if you want SHOW GALLERY and Flower Shop guy (both who's owners have much more money than I), you are going to have to meet them one way. Flower shop guy doesn't like your location, and SHOW GALLERY J.C. is never around, so I can only do so much leg work. Coffee + Flowers + Art = Me happy, I hope it makes someone else too and all your buisnesses and charities will survive.

Moving day: Slowly creeping up like a vine coming down a brick building :S. I'm scared sseltihs about where I'm moving, and landlord J has very little to do with me. I just want the door to lock tight, the place to be painted, and milk crates to move all my books with, but alas, I'm too lazy/had two days of very physical work to tire me out and make me grumpy. Today was much better, but this weekend is going to be heck. The mom is coming from up north to downtown, and she always seems frightened of the people I have as "friends" and the things I do and the place I'd like to live. So fingers crossed, but better have a plan B in mind...

Anyways, sorry all parties involved for my crankyness, and sorry for whatever else I have offended you with. Now I'm going to find some daily bread and get it blessed, clean off the dirt from the flower shop, try and relax, and just enjoy the fact that I'm employed flimsily and have places to go, things to see, milkcrates to steal, and so on and so on.

Good bye cruel world, until tomorow, then hello cruel world!!!!

P.s., remember speeling, punct. and grammamr not is strong suit...my.

No comments: